JOB PURPOSETaylor’s Graduate School of Management (TGSM) is being established as part of the strategy to increase postgraduate activities in the Faculty of Business and Law. We are now seeking a charismatic Head of School to lead these developments.
Existing postgraduate taught courses, both pre- and post-experience, will fall under the remit of TGSM. The School will also play a role in postgraduate study by research in collaboration with the University-level Centre for Research Management. The development of a substantial Continuing Professional Education (CPE) programme will be a major activity.
The aim for TGSM is to become the preferred supplier of CPE to private sector employers operating in Malaysia and wider ASEAN and to become recognised as the home of Malaysia’s top MBA. Accreditation by AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA is a strategic priority for the Faculty in the next few years and the Head of TGSM will be involved in supporting this aim, especially in relation to AMBA.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIESThese objectives define the key performance indicators for the Head of TGSM whose strategic tasks will comprise in particular:
- expanding the pre-experience taught postgraduate programme offer and student enrollment, especially from overseas;
- leading the establishment of a new elite MBA programme and developing the existing MBA programme to serve different market segments;
- creating an extensive programme of CPE, leveraging on the MBAs and other taught masters.
Provide leadership to the School in all aspects of its academic operations, in particular ensuring:
- the development and maintenance of a strong brand identity and a clear academic direction;
- courses meet expectations of students, employers and the professions concerning content and quality, and are well regarded by academic peers;
- a strong research programme and encourage an active research culture;
- a national and international perspective is developed and reflected in the School’s curriculum, research and marketing activities.
Manage and develop the School in accordance with Taylor’s University’s strategy and the priorities of the Faculty of Business & Law. In particular:
- drive the strategic development of the School in alignment with University and Faculty strategies;
- develop, manage, market and evaluate the School’s programmes and courses;
- manage and report on the processes of student assessment and review of student progress;
- lead and manage the School’s annual review and planning processes;
- evaluate the financial implications of business decisions related to current and future opportunities;
- prepare and manage the School’s budget including all revenue streams and development funds
- oversee the recruitment, development and management of academic staff to meet the School’s strategic direction and future development;
- Ensure the continued growth of the School through developing and supporting appropriate strategies for international activities, research, consultancy and enrolments;
- Provide strong representation for the School both internally and externally, developing and managing strategic partnerships, and collaborating with other educational institutions, external communities, professional associations and stakeholders;
- Contribute to the leadership and management of the Faculty of Business and Law and Taylor’s University.
- Commitment to high professional standards and international work experience
- Experience in leading continuing professional development or executive education
- Experience of working with MBA markets, preferably MBA programme leadership
- A strong academic background with experience of operating at the interface between business and education
- Good interpersonal skills appropriate for a multi-cultural environment and capable of developing effective networks
- Highly-developed communication and presentation skills
- A doctoral qualification in management and familiarity with international business school accreditations are highly desirable, but not essential
For more information or to apply, please email to: email@example.com