|Adyati Putriekasari Handayani
M.Sc. (Food Science) (Universiti Putra Malaysia),
Bachelor of Food Science and Technology (Hons) (Universiti Putra Malaysia).
- Food Product Development
- Functional food
- Application of functional ingredients in food products
- Evaluation of Aqueous Pigmented Rice Extracts as Bases for Antioxidant Drinks.
UPM BERNAS (2012-2014)
Application of chia seed (Salvia hispanica) as fat replacer and source of soluble fiber in structured meat products.
Taylor’s Research Grant Scheme – phase 1 2016 (2016 – ongoing)
Peer Reviewed Papers (10 most significant)
- Handayani, AP, Ramakrishnan, Y, Karim, R, Muhammad, K. 2014. Antioxidant properties, degradation kinetics and storage stability of drinks prepared from the cooking water of pigmented rice. Advance Journal of Food Science and Technology, 6(5), 668-679.
- Handayani, AP, Karim, R, Muhammad, K. (2015). Optimization of processing conditions for aqueous pigmented rice extracts as bases for antioxidant drinks. Rice Research: Open Access, 2015.
Conference Abstracts/ Proceedings (10 most significant):
- Handayani, AP, Karim, R, Muhammad, K (2010). Optimization of processing conditions for aqueous pigmented rice extracts as bases for antioxidant drinks. 2nd International Conference on Agricultural and Food Engineering. Berjaya Times Square Hotel Kuala Lumpur on 1-3 December 2014.
Awards & Honours
- Dean’s List Award (2008/2009 and 2010/2011)
- Student Award from Dewina Industries (2011)