|Dr Ooi Yin Yin
Ph.D (National University of Singapore),
M.Sc. in Immunobiology (University Putra Malaysia),
B.Sc. (Hons) Biomedical Sciences (University Putra Malaysia).
- Basic human physiology
- Infectious diseases
- Microglial activities
- Immunomodulation functions of mesenchymal stem cells
Peer Reviewed Papers (10 most significant)
- Ooi YY, Dheen ST, Tay SSW. Paracrine effects of mesenchymal stem cells-conditioned medium on microglial cytokines expression and nitric oxide production. Neuroimmunomodulation (2015). 22(4):233-42.
- Jose S, Tan SW, Ooi YY, Ramasamy R, Vidyadaran S. Mesenchymal stem cells exert anti-proliferative effect on lipopolysaccharide-stimulated BV2 microglia by reducing tumour necrosis factor-α levels. Journal of Neuroinflammation (2014). 11:149.
- Ooi YY, Rahmat Z, Jose S, Ramasamy R, Vidyadaran S. Immunophenotype and differentiation capacity of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells from CBA/Ca, ICR and Balb/c mice. World Journal of Stem Cells (2013). 5(1):34-42.
- Ooi YY, Ramasamy R, Rahmat Z, Subramaiam H, Tan SW, Abdullah M, Israf DA, Vidyadaran S. Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells modulate BV2 microglia responses to lipopolysaccharide. International Immunopharmacology (2010). 10(12):1532-40.
- Vidyadaran S, Ooi YY, Subramaiam H, Badiei A, Abdullah M, Ramasamy R, Seow HF. Effects of macrophage colony-stimulating factor on microglial responses to lipopolysaccharide and beta amyloid. Cellular Immunology (2009). 25:105-110.
Conference Abstracts/ Proceedings (10 most significant):
- Ooi YY, Dheen ST, Tay SSW. Paracrine effects of mesenchymal stem cells-conditioned medium on microglial cytokines expressions, cell proliferation and NO production in vitro. YLL SoM 4th Annual Graduate Scientific Congress, NUS, Singapore (2014).
- Ooi YY, Dheen ST, Tay SSW. Mesenchymal stem cells-conditioned medium modulates microglial activities in vitro. SNA Symposium 2013, NUS, Singapore (2013).
- Ooi YY, Dheen ST, He BP, Tay SSW. Paracrine effects of mesenchymal stem cells-conditioned medium on microglial cytokines expressions, NO production and proliferation in vitro. The 10th Biennial conference of the CNS, China (2013).
- Ooi YY, Dheen ST, Tay SSW. Mesenchymal stem cells conditioned medium modulates the microglial pro-inflammatory cytokines. Neuroscience 2012, New Orleans, USA (2012).
- Ooi YY, Ramasamy R and Vidyadaran S. Immunoregulatory function of mesenchymal stem cells on microglial reponses. International Anatomical Sciences & Cell Biology Conference, Singapore (2010).
- Ooi YY, Ramasamy R, Rahmat Z and Vidyadaran S. Immunoregulatory properties of mesenchymal stem cells on microglial reponses. Neuroscience 2009, Chicago, United States (2009).
- Ooi YY, Ramasamy R, Rahmat Z and Vidyadaran S. Mouse mesenchymal stem cells inhibit microglial proliferative responses: implications for treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. Pameran Reka Cipta, Penyelidikan dan Inovasi, UPM, Malaysia (2009).
- Ooi YY, Ramasamy R and Vidyadaran S. Mouse bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell acquire CD45- CD106+ immunophenotype only at later passages. 2nd Malaysian Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Scientific Meeting, Medical Centre Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia (2008).
- Badiei A, Yip WK, Ooi YY, Ho OK, Ramasamy R and Vidyadaran S. Evaluation of treated microglia by EM and fluorescent microscopy. 6th ASEAN Microscopy Conference, Cherating, Pahang, Malaysia (2007).
Scholarly Activities/ Industry Experience (10 most significant):
- Research Assistant in Department of Anatomy, National University of Singapore (2014).
- Research Assistant in Immunology laboratory, Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia (2010).
Awards & Honours
- Recipient of NUS Research Scholarship from National University of Singapore (2010-2014).
- Best poster award - YLL SoM 4th Annual Graduate Scientific Congress, National University of Singapore (2014).
- Best graduate student of Anatomy Department, National University of Singapore (2014).
- Recipient of Graduate Student Fellowship from Universiti Putra Malaysia (2007-2009).
- Silver winner - PRPI, Universiti Putra Malaysia (2009).
- Dean’s Award, first and sixth semesters, Universiti Putra Malaysia (2004- 2007).