|Dr Lim Kok Seng (Ernest)
Stream Coordinator - Maths & Internship
PhD (Mathematics), University Science Malaysia
Master in Science, University Putra Malaysia,
Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics, Western Michigan University, USA.
Certificate of Education, Temenggong Ibrahim Teachers’ College, Malaysia
- Quantitative Methods
- Fundamentals of Linear Algebra
- Forecasting & Business Analysis
- Qualitative & Quantitative Research Methods
Research & Consultancy Interests
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- Education (Maths, Teaching & Learning)
Scholarly Activities/Industry Experience
- Educational Consultant
- Lim Kok Seng (2010). An Error Analysis of Form Two (Grade 7) Students in Simplifying Algebraic Expressions: A Descriptive Study. Electronic Journal of Research in Educational Psychology, 8(1), 139-162. 2011
- Lim Kok Seng (2011). Book chapter: “Transforming School Science and Mathematics Education in the 21st Century” Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization, Regional Centre for Education in Science and Mathematics (SEAMEO, RECSAM), Penang, Malaysia
- Ernest K. S. Lim & Catheryn Khoo-Lattimore (2012). Campus Life for International Students: Exploring students’ Perceptions of Quality Learning Environment at a Private University in Malaysia. Higher Education Studies, Canadian Center of Science and Education Vol. 2, No.3.
- Ernest K. S. Lim & Robin Cheng (2012). Exploring Factors Influencing First Year Underachievers’ Academic Performance at a School of Business. Review of Higher Education and Self-Learning (RHESL), Vol. 5, Issue 15.
- Ernest K. S. Lim (2013). A Qualitative Study of Factors Contributing to International Students’ Satisfaction of Institutional Quality. Asian Social Science, Vol. 9, No.12
- Ernest K. S. Lim and Tan Pei Ling (2013). A Statistical Analysis of Education Service Quality Dimensions on Business School Students’ Satisfaction. International Education Studies, Vol. 6, No. 8
- Ernest K. S. Lim (2014). Investigating Teachers’ Views of Student-centred Learning Approach. International Education Studies. Vol. 7, No. 7
- Ernest K. S. Lim and Cho Cho Wai (2014). Exploring the effectiveness and efficiency of blended learning tools in a school of business. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Science, Vol. 123
- Ernest K. S. Lim (2015). The Influence of Pre-University Students’ Mathematics Test Anxiety and Numerical Anxiety on Mathematics Achievement. International Education studies. Vol 8 No.11
- Ernest K. S. Lim and Cho Cho Wai (2015). Measuring the effectiveness of blended learning environment: A case study in Malaysia, Education and Information Technologies, Vol20, No3, 2015, pp 429-443.
- Ernest K. S. Lim and Cho Cho Wai (2016). An Empirical Study of Academic and Non-academic Staff’s Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment in an Institute of Higher Learning, Journal of entrepreneurship, business and economics, Vol4, No1, pp 45-72.
- Ernest K. S. Lim (2011). 4th International Conference on Science and Mathematics Education. 15-17 November 2011, SEAMEO RECSAM, Penang, Malaysia. “A Descriptive Analysis of Students’ Alternative Conceptions in Simplifying Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Terms”
- Ernest K. S. Lim (2012). Intellectbase International Consortium, Academic Conference, San Antonio, Texas-USA, April 12-14 April 2012. “Up Close and Personal: Employing In-depth Interviews to Explore International Students’ Perceptions of Learning Environment at a Private University in Malaysia”
- Ernest K. S. Lim (2013). Seminar Hasil Peyelidikan Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi 2013, 2 & 3 July 2013, EDC Hotel, Universiti Utara Malaysia, Kedah “Quality Campus Life: What Factors Contributing to International Students’ Satisfaction?”
- Ernest K. S. Lim (2013). Taylor's 6th Teaching and Learning Conference, Taylor’s University, Lakeside campus, Subang Jaya, Malaysia, 23 November 2013 “Exploring the Effectiveness and Efficiency of Blended Learning Environment in a School of Business”
- Ernest K. S. Lim (2013). International Conference on Teaching and Learning 2013, Grand Blue Wave Hotel, Shah Alam, Selangor, Taylor’s University, 28-29 June 2013 “Investigating Teacher Perceptions of Constructivist Classroom Teaching and Learning”
- Ernest K. S. Lim (2015). International Conference on Entrepreneurship, Business and Social Science, Aug 13-14 2015 Yogyakarta, Indonesia “An Empirical Study of Academic and Non-academic Staff’s Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment in an Institute of Higher Learning”
- Ernest K. S. Lim (2016). Annual Conference on Global Economics, Business, and Finance (6th ACGEBF). Hong Kong, June 8th-10th, 2016 “Measuring environment, food and service quality of Mamak Restaurant Customer Satisfaction”
- Master or PhD candidates in Education