|Dr. Nor Shaipah Abdul Wahab
Head of Department - Accounting, Finance, Economics, Actuarial Studies
PhD, MBA(Acct), BAcct(Hons)
- Research Method
- Financial Accounting
- Market valuation
- Corporate governance
- Editor, Taylor and Francis Group, Cogent Business & Management Journal.
- Malaysian multinational companies (MNC): Permanent and temporary nature of tax planning, (2016), Cogent Business and Management, 3, 1-18.
- Malaysian multinational companies’ nature of tax planning, (2016), Proceeding International Conference on Business, Information and Tourism, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, ISSN: 2518-2501, 47-48, 3-5 August 2016.
- The association between equity value and corporate social responsibility in the presence of tax planning: The case of industrial product companies, (2016), Taylor’s Business Review, 6, 73-88 (with Tye, W. L., Pillay, S.).
- The persistence of book-tax-differences, (2015), British Accounting Review, 47(4), 339-350 (with Holland, K.).
- Do UK outside CEOs engage more in tax planning than the insiders?, (2015), Jurnal Pengurusan, 45, 119-129 (with Holland K. and Soobaroyen, T.).
- Corporate tax in Malaysia: Revenue, collection and enforcement, (2015), e-Proceeding –3rd International Conference on Social Sciences Research, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, eISBN: 978-967-0792-04-0.
- Corporate tax administration in Malaysia: Managing and improving compliance, (2013), Journal of Advanced Management Science, 1(4), 426-429.
- Tax disclosure and economic transition across markets, (2013), Proceeding – Global Conference on Business and Economics Research (UPM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, ISBN: 978-983-2408-12-3 (with Mat Udin, N. and Mansor, M.).
- Self assessment system and taxpayer internal states, (2013), Proceeding – 3rd International Conference on Management, Penang, Malaysia, ISBN: 978-967-5705-11-3 (with Mat Udin, N.).
- Tax planning, corporate governance and equity value, (2012), British Accounting Review, 44(2), 111-124 (with Holland, K.).
- Utilisation of directors’ remuneration in tax planning, (2011), Malaysian Management Journal, 15, 45-58 (with Che Pak, N.).
- Corporate governance in moderating corporate tax planning activities, (2011). In, Corporate Governance in Malaysia Contemporary Issues. Petaling Jaya, Malaysia, Pearson Malaysia, 170-177.
- Directors' remuneration influence on tax planning activities of large Malaysian companies, (2011). In, Corporate Governance in Malaysia Contemporary Issues. Petaling Jaya, Malaysia, Pearson, 180-188.
- Directors’ pay: Significance as a tax-motivated expense allocation, (2011), Proceeding – 2nd ICBER Conference, Langkawi, Malaysia, ISBN: 978-967-5705-02-01.
- Tax planning and directors' remuneration, (2011), Proceedings of the International Conference on Management. International Conference on Management (ICM 2011) Penang, Malaysia, ISBN: 9789675705038 (with Derashid and Che Pak).
- Taxpayer assistance and assessment performance under self assessment system, (2011), Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Accounting, Business & Economics (ICABEC 2011) Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia ISBN: 9789765366703 (with Mat Udin).
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA), Australia
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK
- Malaysian Institute of Corporate Governance (MICG), Malaysia
Supervision of Postgraduate Research Students
- Market valuation of tax planning and CSR
- Value relevance of earnings management and governance
- Credit risk and governance
- Availability for future applicants
- Topics in the areas of accounting, corporate governance and CSR