||Dr. R.Ratneswary V.Rasiah
Programme Director - Postgraduate
Doctor of Philosophy (Economics), University Putra Malaysia, 2016
Master of Economics (Developmental Economics), University of Malaya, Malaysia, 1997
Bachelor of Economics (Analytical Economics), University of Malaya, Malaysia, 1984
Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Science (Computer Science), University of Malaya, Malaysia, 1985
- Research Methods
- Modelling and Estimation
- Economics of Happiness
- Quality of Life
- Environmental Studies
- Gender-Related Studies
- Economic Growth
- Worked as Lecturer with Stamford College Petaling Jaya, July – December 1985
- Word as Systems Analyst with Federal Land Consolidation and Rehabilitation Authority (FELCRA), January 1986 – August 1997
- Worked as Senior Lecturer with INTI College Subang Jaya, September 1997 – August 2000
- Taylor’s Research Grant Scheme, 2011
- Research University Grant Scheme, 2012
- Somasundaram, S., Habibullah, M.S., Rasiah, R. Religious Oppression in Europe: Government Restrictions and Social Hostilities. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business (in print). 2017
- Guptan, V. & Rasiah, R. Competence development in business undergraduates: The role of formative assessment and humour. The New Educational Review Vol. 45, No. 3, 161-170. 2016
- Rasiah, R., Habibullah, M.S.,& A.H. Baharom. A Dynamic Heterogeneous Panel Estimation of the Impact of Income, Inflation and Happiness on Stock Returns. Global Economy and Finance Journal Vol. 9. No. 1. March 2016 Issue. Pp. 67 – 78. 2016
- Rasiah, R., Habibullah, M.S., & A.H. Baharom. The Economic Antecedents of Human Well-Being: A Pooled Mean Group Estimation of Dynamic Heterogeneous Panel. Advanced Science Letters All rights reserved Vol. 21, 1158-1161. 2015
- Rasiah, R., Wilson, O.C.S., Habibullah, M.S., & A.H. Baharom. Time Series Analysis of the Impact of Consumption and Energy Use on Environmental Degradation: Evidence from Malaysia. Kajian Malaysia, Vol. 33, Supp.1, 2015, 15–32. 2015
- Rasiah, R. The Impact of Holistic Education Approaches on First-Year Experience of Business Undergraduates: Promoting Interactive and Creative Learning Environments. Taylor’s 7th Teaching and Learning Conference 2014 Proceedings, 311-321. Springer Singapore. 2015
- Rasiah, R. Transformative Higher Education Teaching and Learning: Using Social Media in a Team-Based Learning Environment. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 123 (2014) 369 – 379. 2014
- Rasiah, R., Thuraisingam, A.S., Jambulingam, M.& Habibullah, M.S. Does Economic Development and Democracy Translate to Happiness? A Global Perspective. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(8): 545-553, 2013 ISSN 1991-8178. 2013
- Rasiah, R., & Habibullah, M.S. The impact of income, health expenditure and pollution on happiness: a global perspective. Journal of International Economic Review, 5(2),December 2012.
- Rasiah, R., Habibullah, M.S., A.H. Baharom., & C.S. Ow Beeronomics: A Time Series Analysis of Consumer Behaviour in the Beer Market in Malaysia. Taylor's Business Review, 2(2), 133-148. ISSN: 2232-0172. 2012
- Kaur, H., Rasiah, R. & Nagaratnam, S. The Impact of Parental Influence on the Reading Habits of Gen Y adults: A Generalized Linear Model Analysis. International Journal of Education Economics and Development, 3(1), 63-78. ISSN online: 1759-5681; ISSN print: 1759-5673. 2012
- Nagaratnam, S., Kaur, H. & Rasiah, R. The Effect of Stress Factors on the Reading Habits of Generation Y. International Journal of Interscience Management Review (IMR), 2(2), 1-5. ISSN: 2232-0172. 2012
- Rasiah, R., Kaur, H., & Nagaratnam, S. The Reading Habits and Attitudes of Gen Y Students: Challenges of Reflective Learning. Journal of Interdisciplinary Research in Education, 1(1), 39-53. 2011
- Rasiah, R. Macroeconomic Activity and the Malaysian Stock Market: Empirical Evidence of Dynamic Relations. The International Journal of Business and Finance Research (IJBFR). Vol. 4, No 2, pp. 59-69. 2010
- Rasiah, R., M.S. Habibullah, A.H. Baharom, Din, B. Non-Performing Loans in Malaysia: Bank-Specific Determinants and the Role of the Economy. TLSC TBS International Accounting and Finance Conference (TIAFC2016) on 12 - 13 August 2016 at Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus, Malaysia. 2016
- Rasiah, R., A.H. Baharom. & Habibullah, M.S. The Pursuit of Happiness: Does the Economy Matter?. Proceedings of International Conference on Contemporary Economic Issues 2014, Kuala Lumpur. 2014
- Rasiah, R., Thuraisingam, A.S., A.H. Baharom. & Habibullah, M.S. Unemployment, Economic Development and Happiness: A Cross-Sectional Study. 6th International Borneo Business Conference 2014 (IBBC2014) from 20th – 21st August 2014 in Kuching, Sarawak.2014
- M.S. Habibullah, Badariah H.Din, Rasiah, R. & A.H. Baharom. Good Governance and Happiness: International Evidence. Persidangan Kebangsaan Ekonomi Malaysia ke-9 (PERKEM 2014), Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu. 17-19 October 2014. 2014
- Rasiah, R., Wilson, O.C.S., Habibullah, M.S., & A.H. Baharom. Time Series Analysis of the Impact of Consumption and Energy Use on Environmental Degradation: Evidence from Malaysia. Proceedings of the USM-AUT International Conference 2012 (UAIC2012), Bayu Beach Resort Penang, pp.933-946. ISI-indexed. 2012
- Rasiah, R., & Habibullah, M.S. An Exploratory Study of the Impact of Income, Health Expenditure and Pollution on Happiness: A Global Perspective. Proceedings of the National Research & Innovation Conference for Graduate Students in Social Sciences (GS-NRIC), Mahkota Hotel Melaka, pp. 287-297. 2012
- Rasiah, R., JA French, CS Khalid The Economics of Happiness: Investigating the Demographic Drivers of Happiness among Generation Y Adults. Proceedings of the World Business and Economics Research Conference, Auckland, New Zealand, Dec 12-13. 2011
- Rasiah, R. Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing: Trends and Development. The 12th Malaysian Finance Association Conference, Sunway Resort, Selangor, Malaysia, June 8 – 10, 2010.
- Rasiah, R. The Changing Nature of Graduate Careers: Aligning Curriculum Development to Industry Needs. The 9th Global Business and Economics Conference, Cambridge University, United Kingdom, Oct 16-17. 2009
- Rasiah, R. Student Engagement in Teaching and Learning: A Necessity in an Era of Mass Higher Education. The International Conference on Teaching & Learning (ICTL) Conference, Sarawak, Malaysia, Nov 16-18. 2009
- Rasiah, R. Assessing the Impact of a Guided Field Trip in Enhancing Students’ Learning. The Seventh Annual South East Asian Association for Institutional Research (SEAAIR) Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, Sept 5-7, ISBN: 978-974-615-279-2. 2007
- Rasiah, R. An Exploratory Study of the Key Factors and Impact of a First-Year Course in the University of the West of England Programme on the Quality of Student Learning. The Asia-Pacific Education Research Association (APERA) Conference, Hong Kong, Nov 28-30. 2006
- Rasiah, R. Assessing The Impact of Subject Matter on Learners’ Value System: A Case of Teaching a First Year Undergraduate Course in Global Business Context. Sixth Annual South East Asian Association for Institutional Research (SEAAIR) Conference, Langkawi, Malaysia, Sept 5-7, ISBN: 983-3588-54-9. 2006
- Rasiah, R. Empowerment in the Classroom: The Case of Teaching a First Course on Global Business Context. International Conference on Education, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Dec 2005.
- “GRADAsia Top 100 Employers in Malaysia Survey” Project for GTI SPECIALIST (M) SDN. BHD. Provided consultancy services and successfully completed the “GRADAsia Top 100 Employers in Malaysia Survey” Project for GTI SPECIALIST (M) SDN. BHD. The survey involved approximately 3600 final year students and also fresh graduates. 2008
Supervision of PhD Thesis
Student Name: Hassam Waheed Title: ‘Containing Speculation In The Real Estate Market: A Mortgage Buffer Based Approach.’ Institution: Taylor’s Business School, Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus, Subang Jaya. Status: In progress
Awards and Honours
- Chairman’s Award for Excellence (Teaching) 2006, Taylor’s Education Group.
- Teaching and Learning workshops for TED for academics of Taylor’s University.
- Guest Lecture delivered for academics of Inti International University on Student Centred Learning and Student Empowerment on October 13th 2010.
- Conducted a workshop for Lecturers of KPM (Mara).
- Guest Lecturer for the Post-Graduate Current Issues module (ECN5199) for PhD students at UPM on 9th September, 2016.
- Workshop for teachers from SMK Sultan Abu Bakar (Kuantan) Teachers Development on 7th May 2016.