|Professor Dr. Murali Sambasivan
Doctor of Philosophy (Management Science), Aug 1994, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, USA
Post-Graduate (MS) in Industrial Engineering, June 1985, National Institute for Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Bombay, India
Bachelor of Engineering (Honors), June 1983, Madras University, India
- Project Management
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Advanced Quantitative Data Analysis
- Operations Management, Applications of OR, Supply Chain Management, Management Science
Scholarly Activities/Industry Experience
- Industrial Engineer, Premier Automobiles (1985-87)
- Software Engineer, Patni Computer Systems (1987-1990)
- Software Designer and Developer, Baan Info Systems (1994-95)
- Manager, DHL Worldwide Express (1995-97)
- General Manager, RPG Enterprises (1997-99)
- Working as a consultant for AACSB accreditation, INCEIF, Malaysia
- Served as an internal and external examiner for PhD theses at UPM, UniRazak, UTeM, UNiSA
- Serving as a reviewer for many journals. Some sample journals:
- International Journal of Production Economics
- International Journal of Production Research
- Journal of Cleaner Production
- Computers and Operations Research
- Management Decision
- International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Research
- International Journal of Project Management
- Journal of Enterprise Information Management
- Serving as a Managing Editor -- Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development
- Serving as a member of editorial board – International Journal of Information Technology Project Management, International Journal of Business Intelligence and Systems Engineering, OMICS International, Amity Journal of Operations Management
- Pouyan Esmaeilzadeh and Murali Sambasivan (2016), Health Information Exchange (HIE): A literature review, assimilation pattern and a proposed classification for a new policy approach, Journal of Biomedical Informatics, ISI, Impact Factor, 2.447, ABDC/ERA – A*, Tier – Q1 – Accepted and forthcoming.
- Ponniah Raman, Murali Sambasivan, and Naresh Kumar (2016), Counterproductive work behavior among frontline government employees: Role of personality, emotional intelligence, affectivity, emotional labor, and emotional exhaustion, Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 32(1), 25-37, Scopus, Web of Science.
- Pouyan Esmaeilzadeh, Murali Sambasivan, Naresh Kumar, and Hossein Nezakati (2015), Adoption of clinical decision support systems in a developing country: antecedents and outcomes of physician’s threat to perceived professional autonomy, International Journal of Medical Informatics, 84(8), 548-560, ISI, Impact Factor – 2.716, ABDC/ERA Ranking – A*, Tier – Q1.
- Devinder Kaur, Murali Sambasivan, and Naresh Kumar (2015), Impact of emotional intelligence and spiritual intelligence on the caring behavior of nurses: a dimension-level exploratory study among public hospitals in Malaysia, Applied Nursing Research, 28, 293-298, ISI, Impact Factor – 1.342, ABDC/ERA Ranking – A*, Tier --- Q1.
- Shahin Mansoori, Murali Sambasivan, and Samsinar Md Sidin (2015), Acceptance of Novel Products: The Role of Religiosity, Ethnicity and Values, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 33(1) 39-66 -- ISI, ABDC/ERA ranking – A.
- Jayalakshmi Ramachandran, Zipora Adoyo Ngete, Ramaiyer Subramanian, and Murali Sambasivan (2015), Does corporate governance influence earnings management? Evidence from Singapore, Journal of Developing Areas, 49(3), 263-274, ABDC/ERA ranking – B, Scopus.
- Chanthiran Veerasamy, Murali Sambasivan, and Naresh Kumar (2015), Life Satisfaction among healthcare volunteers in Malaysia: Role of personality factors, volunteering motives, and spiritual capital, International Journal of Voluntary and Non-profit Organizations (Voluntas), 26(2), 531-552 – ISI, IF – 1.238 – ABDC/ERA Ranking – B, Tier—Q3.
- Murali Sambasivan, Saiku M. Bah and Ho Jo Ann (2013), Making the case for operating"Green": Impact of environmental proactivity on multiple performance outcomes of Malaysian firms, Journal of Cleaner Production, -- 42, 69 – 82, -- ISI, SCI – Impact Factor – 3.398 – ERA/ABDC Ranking – A, Tier – Q1.
- Murali Sambasivan, Loke Siew Phaik, Zainal Abidin Mohamed and Yee Choy Leong (2013), Factors influencing strategic alliance outcomes in a manufacturing supply chain: role of alliance motives, interdependence, asset specificity and relational capital, International Journal of Production Economics, -- 141, 339-351 -- ISI, SCI – Impact Factor – 2.081, ERA/ABDC Ranking – A*, Tier – Q1.
- Chanthiran Veerasamy, Murali Sambasivan and Naresh Kumar (2013), Individual skills based volunteerism and life satisfaction among healthcare volunteers in Malaysia: Role of employer encouragement, self-esteem and job performance: a cross-sectional study, PLoS One, 8(10), October 2013, 1-10, ISI, Impact Factor – 3.73, ERA/ABDC Ranking – A, Tier – Q1.
- Devinder Kaur, Murali Sambasivan and Naresh Kumar (2013), Effect of spiritual intelligence, emotional intelligence, psychological ownership and burnout on caring behavior of nurses: a cross-sectional study, Journal of Clinical Nursing, 22, 3192-3202, ISI – Impact Factor – 1.316, ERA/ABDC Ranking – A, Tier – Q1.
- Zafar Ahmed, Murali Sambasivan, Rosdin Anang and Md Nor Othman (2013), To buy or not to buy American products: Role of religiosity, animosity and ethnocentrism among Malaysian consumers, Journal of Services Marketing, -- 27(7), 551-563 -- ISI, SSCI – Impact Factor – 0.659, ERA/ABDC Ranking – B, Tier – Q3.
- Loke Siew Phaik, Alan G. Downe and Murali Sambasivan (2013), Strategic alliances with suppliers and customers in a manufacturing supply chain: From a manufacturer’s perspective, Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration, -- 5(3) 192-214 – Scopus.
- Azmawani Abdul Rahman, Serene Ng Siew Imm, Murali Sambasivan and Florence Wong (2013), Training and organizational effectiveness: Moderating role of knowledge management process, European Journal of Training and Development, -- 37(5) – 472 --488, Scopus.
- Fareed Ismail, Boo Huey Chern, Murali Sambasivan and Jamie Perth (2013), Information technology diffusion in Malaysia's foodservice industry, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, 4(3), 300-310, Scopus.
- Murali Sambasivan, Pouyan Esmaelzadeh, Naresh Kumar and Hossein Nezakati (2012), Intention to Adopt Clinical Decision Support Systems in a developing country: Effect of Physician's Perceived Professional Autonomy, Involvement and Belief: a cross-sectional study, BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making – 12:142, 1 - 16, ISI – Impact Factor – 1.60, Tier – Q3.
- Loke Siew Phaik, Alan Downe, Murali Sambasivan and Khalizani Khalid (2012), A structural approach to integrating TQM and Knowledge Management with Supply Chain Learning, Journal of Business Economics and Management – 13(4), 776-800 -- ISI, SSCI – Impact Factor – 2.388, ERA/ABDC Ranking – B, Tier – Q2.
- Alan Downe, Loke Siew Phaik and Murali Sambasivan (2012), Relational Capital and SMEs Collaborative Strategy in the Malaysian Service Industry, International Journal of Services, Economics and Management – 4(2), 145-166.
- Siew Imm Ng, Murali Sambasivan and Siti Zubaidah (2011), Antecedents and outcomes of flight attendants’ job satisfaction, Journal of Air Transport Management – 17, 309-313 – ISI – Impact Factor – 1.086 – ERA/ABDC Ranking – B, Tier – Q4.
- Murali Sambasivan, Loke Siew Phaik, Zainal Abidin Mohamed, and Yee Choy Leong (2011), Relationship between interdependence and strategic alliance outcomes in a manufacturing supply chain: Role of relationship capital as a mediating construct, Management Decision – 23(4), 548-569 – SSCI – Impact Factor – 3.787– ERA/ABDC Ranking – B, Tier – Q1.
- Fatima Ungku, Huey Chern Boo, Murali Sambasivan and Rosli Salleh (2011), Foodservice hygiene factors – The customer perspective, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 30(1), 38-45 – Scopus, Lodge and Restaurant Index --Impact Factor – 1.382 – ERA/ABDC Ranking – A*, Tier – Q1.
- Murali Sambasivan and Ching Nget Yen (2010), Strategic Alliances in a manufacturing supply chain: Influence of organizational culture from the manufacturer’s perspective, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management – 40(6), 456-474 – ISI, Impact Factor – 2.617 – ERA/ABDC Ranking – B-- Highly Commended Award Winner at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2011, Tier – Q2.
- Murali Sambasivan, George Patrick Wemyss and Raduan Che Rose (2010), User acceptance of a G2B system: a case of electronic procurement in Malaysia, Internet Research, 20(2), 169-187 – SCI, Impact Factor – 1.015 – ISI – ERA/ABDC Ranking – A, Tier – Q2.
- Md-Sidin Samsinar, Sambasivan Murali and Ismail Izhairi (2010), Relationship between work-family conflict and quality of life: An investigation into the role of social support, Journal of Managerial Psychology, 25(1), 58-81 – SSCI, Impact factor – 2.15 – ISI – ERA/ABDC Ranking – B, Tier – Q3.
- Murali Sambasivan, Lim Li Yen, Raduan Che Rose and Mohani Abdul (2010), Venture Performance in Malaysia: Personal Initiative, Human Capital, and Competency Areas of Founding Entrepreneurs as Critical Success Factors, Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, 23(3), 315-332 —Econlit – ERA/ABDC Ranking -- C
- Anusuiya Subramaniam, Rozhan Othman and Murali Sambasivan (2010), Implicit leadership theory among Malaysian managers: Impact of the leadership expectation gap on leader-member exchange quality, Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 31(4), 351-371 – Scopus – Current citations express, Impact Factor – 0.7 – ERA/ABDC Ranking – B
- Samsinar Md-Sidin, Murali Sambasivan, and Nanthini Muniandy (2010), Impact of Psychological Ownership on the performance of business school lecturers, Journal of Education for Business, 85(1), 50-56 – Education Index – ERA/ABDC Ranking -- C
- Sambasivan Murali, Mohani Abdul, and Yuzlaini Yusop (2009), Impact of personal qualities and management skills of entrepreneurs on venture performance in Malaysia: Opportunity recognition skills as a mediating factor, Technovation, 29(11), 798-805 – SSCI, SCI, Impact Factor – 3.678 – ISI – ERA/ABDC Ranking – A, Tier – Q1.
- Sambasivan Murali, Zainal Abidin Mohamed and Nandan Tamizarasu (2009), Performance measures and metrics for e-supply chains, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 22(3), 346-360 – Scopus, Impact Factor – 1.244 – ERA/ABDC Ranking -- B
- Sambasivan Murali, Nandan Tamizarasu, and Zainal Abidin Mohamed (2009), Consolidation of Performance measures and metrics for a supply chain environment, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 22(6), 660-689 – Scopus, Impact Factor – 1.244 – ERA/ABDC Ranking -- B
- Sambasivan Murali, Siew-Phaik Loke, and Zainal Abidin Mohamed (2009), Impact of knowledge management in supply chain management: a study in Malaysian manufacturing companies, Knowledge and Process Management: The Journal of Corporate Transformation, 16(3), 111-123-- AURSI: African Urban & Regional Science Index (AURSI) – ERA/ABDC Ranking -- C
- Siew-Phaik Loke, Murali Sambasivan, and Alan G. Downe (2009), Strategic alliances outcomes in supply chain environments: Malaysian case studies, European Journal of Social Sciences, 9(3), 371-386 -- Scopus
- Sambasivan Murali and Fei Ng-Yun (2008), Evaluation of Critical Success Factors of Implementation of ISO 14001 Using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), Journal of Cleaner Production, 16 (13), 2008, 1424-1433. – SCI - Impact factor – 2.767 – ISI – ERA/ABDC Ranking – A, Tier – Q1.
- Sambasivan Murali and Soon Yau-Wen (2007), Causes and Effects of Delays in Malaysian Construction Industry, International Journal of Project Management, 25, 2007, 517-526. – Scopus, Impact Factor – 1.951 – ERA/ABDC Ranking – A (In Top 3 most cited articles between 2007 and 2012), Tier – Q2.
- Mustaffa Zaidah, Md. Zabid Abdul Rashid, and Sambasivan Murali (2007), Strategic Roles of Foreign Multinational Subsidiaries in Malaysia, International Journal of Management and Decision Making, 8(2-4), 2007, 268-289. – Scopus, Impact Factor – 0.81 – ERA/ABDC Ranking -- C
- Ramchandra, Suresh, Annuar Md Nassir, Sambasivan Murali and Joher, Huson (2007), Financing Intangibles in Malaysian Firms – Is there any evidence of a pecking order? New Zealand Journal of Applied Business Research, 6(1), 2007, 63-86—ERA/ABDC Ranking -- C
- Sambasivan Murali and Yahya, Salleh (2005), A Lagrangean-based heuristic procedure for solving multi-plant, multi-item, multi-period capacitated lot-sizing problem with inter-plant transfers, Computers and Operations Research, 32(3), 2005, 537-555 – SCI - Impact Factor – 2.853 – ISI – ERA/ABDC Ranking – A, Tier – Q1.
- Isa, Che Ruhana, Yau, Foong-Soon, and Sambasivan Murali (2005), The Roles of Market Competition and Advanced Manufacturing Technology in Predicting Management Accounting and Control Systems Change, Asia Pacific Management Review, 10(6), 2005, 397-403 -- Scopus – ERA/ABDC Ranking – C
- Rashid, Md Zabid, Sambasivan, Murali and Azmawani bte Abdul Rahman (2004), The influence of organizational culture on attitudes toward organizational change, Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 25(2), 2004, 161-179 – Scopus, Impact factor – 0.7 – Current citations express (Selected as one of the top ten downloaded articles in the last 30 years of journal’s history) – ERA/ABDC Ranking -- B
- Rashid, Md Zabid, Sambasivan Murali and Johari, Juliana (2003), The Influence Of Corporate Culture And Organisational Commitment On Performance, Journal of Management Development, 22(8), 2003, 708-728 – Scopus, Impact Factor – 0.648 -- Current citations express – ERA/ABDC Ranking – C
- Sambasivan Murali and Schmidt, Charles (2002), A Heuristic procedure for solving multi-plant, multi-item, multi-period capacitated lot sizing problem, Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, 19(1), 2002, 87-105 – SCI - Impact Factor – 0.454 – ISI – ERA/ABDC Ranking – C, Tier – Q4.
- Yusuf Kani, Yuhanis Abd Aziz, Murali Sambasivan and Jamil Bojei (2017), Antecedents and Outcomes of Destination Image of Malaysia, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 32, 89-98, Scopus, ISI.
- Shiela Ramadas, Murali Sambasivan, and John Antony Xavier (2017), Critical factors in public sector collaboration in Malaysia: Leadership, Interdependence, and Community, International Journal of Public Sector Management, Scopus, ISI – Accepted and forthcoming.
- Pouyan Esmaeilzadeh and Murali Sambasivan (2017), Patients’ support for health information exchange: a literature review and classification of key factors, BMC Journal of Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 17:33, Scopus, ISI, IF – 2.042
- Leila Agha Kasiri, Kenny Teoh Guan Cheng, Murali Sambasivan, and Samsinar Md Sidin (2017), Integration of standardization and customization: impact on service quality, customer satisfaction, and loyalty, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 35 (March), 91-97, ABDC/ERA – A, Scopus, ISI.
- Murali Sambasivan, T. J. Deepak, Salim Ali, and Venishri Ponniah (2017), Analysis of delays in Tanzanian Construction Industry: Transaction Cost Economics (TCE) and Structural Equation Modelling (SEM) approach, Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 24(2), 308-325, ABDC/ERA – A*, Scopus, ISI.
- Murali Sambasivan, Morvarid Sadoughi, and Pouyan Esmaeizadeh (2017), Investigating the Factors Influencing Cultural Adjustment and Expatriate Performance – The Case of Malaysia, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, ABDC/ERA – B, Scopus, ISI – Accepted and forthcoming
- Ng Siew Imm, Murali Sambasivan, and Sujata Perumal (2016), Cultural changes in Total IT outsourcing:Dutch-American and Dutch-German pairs, Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, Scopus – Accepted and forthcoming.
- Murali Sambasivan, Ebrahim Asrarhaghighi, Azmawani Abd Rahman, and Zainal Abidin Mohammed (2016), A comprehensive measure of product and international diversifications, Journal of Insurance and Financial Management, 1(1), 54-83.
- Murali Sambasivan and Ebrahim Asrarhaghighi (2016), Diversified firms from emerging markets of South-East Asia: Do they really have a different behavior? Journal of Insurance and Financial Management, 1(1), 84-108.
- Kamil Aziz, Azmawani Abd Rahman, Nitty Hirawaty Kamarulzaman, and Murali Sambasivan (2015), The Impact of Supply Chain Risk on Agility Practices: A Theoretical Review and a Critique, Asian Journal of Business and Management, 3(1), 82-89 – Scopus.
- Nor Siah Jaharuddin, Zainal Abidin Mohamed and Murali Sambasivan (2015), Supply Chain Intelligence in Business Organizations: A Malaysian Perspective, Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 23(S) – Scopus.
- Mervyn Lee Chia Sern, Jo Ann Ho, Murali Sambasivan and Wong Foong Yee (2014), The Influence of Demographic Variables on Lecturers’ Protean Careers Orientation, International Journal of Economics and Management, 8(S), 25-42 – Scopus.
- Nor Siah Jaharuddin, Zainal Abidin Mohamed and Murali Sambasivan (2014), Supply Chain Intelligence and Its Impact on Business Performance, International Journal of Economics and Management, 8(S), 177-203 – Scopus.
- Ung Sze Nie, Choo Wei Chong, Murali Sambasivan and Annuar Md. Nassir (2014), The persistency of international diversification benefits: the role of the asymmetry volatility model, Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance, 10(1), 151-165 – Scopus.
- Azmawani Abd Rahman, Nitty Hirawati Kamarulzaman and Murali Sambasivan (2013), A Study on Organizational Culture, Performance, and Technological Adoption Behaviors of Malaysian Food-Processing SMEs, Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 21(S), 231 - 256 – Scopus.
- Ho Jo Ann, Murali Sambasivan and Liew Ee Yin (2013), The Relationship between Job Insecurity, Shock, and Turnover Intention, amongst Survivors of Organizational Downsizing, Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 21(S), 101 - 114 – Scopus.
- Kazi Tanvir Mahmud, Zainal Abidin Mohammed, Murali Sambasivan and Sardana Islam Khan (2010), Opinion of fishermen towards their well-being under agricultural diversification and intensification (ADIP) project in Bangladesh, International Journal of Economics and Management, 4(1), 45-60 -- Scopus
- Murali Sambasivan and Jacob George (2008), Impact of Supply Chain Practices on Competitive Position of a company: A study on MNCs in Malaysia, International Journal of Economics and Management, 2(2), 369-394 -- Scopus
- Venkateswaran Nagappan and Murali Sambasivan (2008), Digi Camera Malaysia: Improving Production Efficiency, Journal of Asian Case Research, 1(1), 11-18.
- Ahmad Fareed Ismail, Syed Abd. Kadir AlSagoff, Murali Sambasivan, and Boo Huey Chern (2007), Adoption of Information Technology in the foodservice industry: A diffusion innovation perspective -- In Readings on Tourism and Hospitality (Vol.1), pp. 233-246. Kedah, Malaysia: UUM Publisher.
- Raduan Che Rose, Murali Sambasivan, Lim Li Yen, and Naresh Kumar (2006), Critical success factors of Entrepreneurs in Malaysia: empirical evidence, Journal of Technology Management and Entrepreneurship, 4(1), 1-24.
- Tamizarasu Nandan, Salleh Yahya, Zainal Abidin Mohamed, and Murali Sambasivan (2005), Developing measures of E-Supply chain management performance for a manufacturing environment, Journal of Technology Management and Entrepreneurship, 2(1), 79-102.
- Eliatamby Nadarajah, Murali Sambasivan, and Salleh Yahya (2005), Autonomous Maintenance – An Effective Shop-Floor Tool To Improve Productivity, Journal of Technology Management and Entrepreneurship, 3(2), 2005, 89-105.
- Salleh Yahya, Murali Sambasivan, and Seow Hsin Voon (2000), Optimal teller windows in banking industry, Banker’s Journal Malaysia, 116, 2000, 29-34
- Other publications
- Adamu Ado Makama, Mohani Abdul, Murali Sambasivan, and Raja Nerina Raja Yusof (2016), Antecedents of Entrepreneurial Processes of Causation and Opportunity Recognition in Building Material Retail Trade in Nigeria, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 7(3), 66-79 -- Scopus
- Devinder Kaur, Murali Sambasivan, and Naresh Kumar (2015), Significance of Spiritual (SI) and Emotional Intelligence (EI) on the Caring Behavior of Nurses, Journal of Community and Public Health Nursing, 1: 101. doi:10.4172/jcphn.1000101 – Invited article by the Editor.
- Nurul Aimi Roslan, Jo Ann Ho, Ng Siew Imm, and Murali Sambasivan (2015), “Job Demands & Job Resources: Predicting Burnout and Work Engagement among Teachers”, International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research, 84, 1-9.
- Pouyan Esmaeilzadeh, Murali Sambasivan, and Hossein Nezakati (2014), “The Limitations of Using the Existing TAM in Adoption of Clinical Decision Support System in Hospitals: An Empirical Study in Malaysia”, International Journal of Research in Business and Social Science, 3(2), 56-68.
- Esmaeilzadeh, Pouyan., Sambasivan, Murali., Kumar, Naresh and Nezakati, Hossein (2013), “The effect of knowledge sharing on technology acceptance among physicians”, Global Advanced Research Journal of Engineering, Technology and Innovation, 2 (2), 48-57.
- Pouyan Esmaeilzadeh, Murali Sambasivan, Hossein Nezakati and Naresh Kumar (2013), “How social exchange in hospitals can influence adoption of clinical IT?”, Journal of Business Administration and Education, 2(2), 35-64.
- Sadra Tabassi, Pouyan Esmaelzadah, and Murali Sambasivan (2013), “The influence of product involvement and country of origin on purchase intention: A study in Malaysia toward European brands”, International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering and Management, 2(11), 269-277.
- Afshargasemi, A., Zain, M. A., Sambasivan, M., and Siew-Imm, N. (2013), Market Orientation, Government Regulation, Competitive Advantage and Internationalization of SMEs: A Study in Malaysia, Journal of Business Administration Research, 2(2), 13-22.
- Asrarhaghighi, E., Rahman, A. A., Sambasivan, M.,and Mohamed, Z. A. (2013), Diversification strategy and performance studies: results, measures and sampling design, Journal of Advanced Management Studies, 1(1), 12-18.
- Abubakar Sambo Junaidu, Mohani Abdul, Zainal Abidin Mohamed, and Murali Sambasivan (2012), Tangible Resources and Export Performance of SMEs in the Nigerian Leather Industry: The Moderating Role of Firm Size, International Journal of Academic Research in Economics and Management Sciences, 1(5), 231-247.
- Pouyan Esmaeilzadeh and Murali Sambasivan (2012), “Healthcare Professionals’ Adoption of Clinical IT in Hospital: A View of Relationship between Healthcare Professionals and Hospital”, Management, 2(5), 161-170.
- Esmaeilzadeh, P., Sambasivan, M., Kumar, N. and Nezakati, H. (2012), “A Duel between Clinical Decision Support System and Healthcare Professionals: A Study in Malaysia”, Journal of Business Administration Research, 1(1), 78-85.
- Esmaeilzadeh, P., Sambasivan, M. and Afsharghasemi, A. (2012), “How does healthcare professionals’ OCB affect their decision making to use clinical IT? A study in Malaysia”, Universal Journal of Education and General Studies, 1(6), 158-168.
- Tabassi, S., Esmaeilzadeh, P. and Sambasivan, M. (2012), “The role of animosity, religiosity and ethnocentrism on consumer purchase intention: A study in Malaysia toward European brands”, African Journal of Business Management, 6(23), 6890-6902.
- Pouyan Esmaeilzadeh, Murali Sambasivan, Naresh Kumar and Hossein Nezakati (2011), “Adoption of technology applications in healthcare: the influence of attitude toward knowledge sharing on technology acceptance in a hospital”, UNE Science and Technology, Ed: Kim et al, CCIS 264, 17-30.
- Esmaeilzadeh, P., Sambasivan, M. and Kumar, N. (2010), “The Challenges and Issues Regarding E-Health and Health Information Technology Trends in the Healthcare Sector”, Communications in Computer and Information Science, 113, 23-37.
- Books/Study Guides
- Statistics for Management – Murali Sambasivan and Choo Wei Chong, 2002 Prentice Hall
- Decision Analysis – Murali Sambasivan and Salleh Yahya, 2002, Prentice Hall
- Business Statistics – Choo Wei Chong, Goh Poi Leng, and Murali Sambasivan, 2002, Prentice Hall
- Academy of Management, USA
- APICS (The Association for Operations Management), USA
Research & Consultancy Projects
- RUGS Project as a Project Leader (2011-2012)
Impact of environmental pro-activity on firm performance. Budget RM 40,000.
- MOSTI e-Science Fund Project as a Project Leader: (2007 – 2010)
Empirical and theoretical studies to model supply chain relationships. Project completed in March, 2009. Budget: RM 40,000
- IRPA Project Completed as Project Leader:
Algorithms/Solution Techniques for solving Multi-plant, Multi-item and Multi-period Production Planning and Distribution problems with inter-plant transfers. Project completed in June, 2006. Budget: RM 30,000
Supervision of Postgraduate Research Students
- Have supervised/co-supervised more than 50 students (MSc and PhD)
Awards and Achievements
- Gold and Silver medals in the RMC Research Exhibition, 2008
- Nominated for Best Teaching Award, FEP 2007
- Silver and Bronze medals in the Research Exhibition 2007
- Best Paper Award, SCMIS Conference, 2006 at Taiwan
- Silver and PETA medals in the Research Exhibition, 2006
- Excellent Service Award, 2005; Excellent Service Award, UPM for 2004
- Silver Medal in the Research Exhibition, 2002
- Bronze Medal in the Research Exhibition, 2003
- Outstanding Research Student, University of Alabama
- Gold Medallist, Pre-University Course, 1978