M Sc. Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) Universiti Putra Malaysia (2012)
B. Ed (TESL) (1st Class Honours) Universiti Putra Malaysia (2007)
- Intensive English Program (IEN)
- Foundation English (English 1, English 2)
- Academic English
- The Art and Science of Teaching (Foundation in Arts, SoEd)
Research & Consultancy Interests
- Technology Enhanced Language Learning
- Online Learning
- Blended Learning
Scholarly Activities/Industry Experience
- English Grammar for Primary and Upper Secondary (Project with Ministry of Education) e-grammar Storyboard writer (2009)
- Tell Me More software Module Developer (Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced) (2008)
- Krishnan, S., Williams, S. J., Abdullah, M. R., & Rodrigues, P. D. (2016). Because I’m Happy: Investigating the Effects of a Social Outreach Project on Happiness Among ESL Learners in a Malaysian Private University. In 7th International Conference on University Learning and Teaching (InCULT 2014) Proceedings (pp. 841-858). Springer Singapore.
- Abdullah, M. R., & Krishnan, S. (2014). All for One: Using Panel Discussion to Improve Proficiency through Group Work. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 123, 225-231.
- Krishnan, S. & Abdullah, M. R., (2014). “Lights, Camera, Speak! Enhancing English Language Proficiency through Self-Recorded Videos in Speaking Lessons.” In 1st International Conference on Tertiary Language Teaching, ICTLE 2012, Proceedings (pp.132-143).
- Conference Presentations:
- Mohd Ridhwan Abdullah & Sujatha Krishnan, “Partner in Speak: Peer Coaching and Rating through Online Synchronous Communication for ESL Learners.” Taylor's 8th Teaching and Learning Conference, TTLC 2013, Taylor’s University (Taylor’s University, November 28-29, 2015).
- Sujatha Krishnan, “In Synchronous: Benefits of Online Speaking with Peer Coaching.” 6th World Conference on Learning, Teaching and Educational Leadership (WCLTA-2015), Academic World Education and Research Center (Centre international d’études pédagogiques – CIEP, Paris, France, October 29-31, 2015).
- Sujatha Krishnan, Simon John Williams, Mohd Ridhwan Abdullah & Persis Dineen Rodrigues, “Because I’m Happy: Investigating the Effects of a Social Outreach Project on Happiness among ESL Learners in a Malaysian Private University.” 7th International Conference in University Learning and Teaching, InCULT 2014, Universiti Teknologi Mara (Grand BlueWave Hotel, Shah Alam, Selangor, December 2-3, 2014).
- Mohd Ridhwan Abdullah & Sujatha Krishnan, “All for One: Using Panel Discussion to Improve Proficiency through Group Work.” Taylor's 6th Teaching and Learning Conference, TTLC 2013, Taylor’s University (Taylor’s University, November 23, 2013).
- Sujatha Krishnan & Mohd Ridhwan Abdullah, “Peer Presence: Feedback from Peers via Google Docs in an ESL Classroom.” International Conference on Learning and Teaching, ICLT 2013, Universiti Teknologi Mara (Grand BlueWave Hotel, Shah Alam, Selangor, June 28-29, 2013).
- Sujatha Krishnan & Mohd Ridhwan Abdullah, “Lights, Camera, Speak! Enhancing English Language Proficiency through Self-Recorded Videos in Speaking Lessons.” 1st International Conference on Tertiary Language Teaching, ICTLE 2012, Taylor’s University (Taylor's University, October 11-12, 2012).
- Sujatha Krishnan “Teachers’ and Students’ Perceptions of Literature in ESL Learning Activities.” 21st Malaysian English Language Teaching Association (MELTA) International Conference, Four Points by Sheraton, Kuching, Sarawak,7-8 June, 2012).
Guest Lectures Delivered
- Invited speaker for ELT Best Practice Series: Technology Enhanced Language Learning Lecture Series organized by Nottingham University Malaysia Campus (UNMC) on 12 March 2016.
Awards & Honours
- President's Award (2014)
- Top Student Award Bachelor of Education (TESL) (2007)
- Best in Faculty/ Course (TESL) (2005/2006)
- Life Member for Malaysian English Language Teaching Association (MELTA)
- Member of Asian Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (Asia TEFL)
- Multimedia University R&D Annual Report 2007/2008 (Language editor)