|Dr Sharon Goh Wei Wei
Programme Director - Dual Awards
BSc. (Hons) Computer Science
University of Technology Malaysia
MSc. Information Technology- Management
University of Technology Malaysia
University of Derby, UK
- Introduction to IT
- Software Engineering Fundamentals
- Business Fundamentals
- Web 2.0 Technologies
- E-learning Technologies (Lecture capture, learning management system)
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Learning Theories
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Social Media Marketing and Communications
- Persuasive Messages and Communications in Social Media
- Ontological based Webpage Segmentation
- Ontological tools and applications
- Teng, S., Khong, K., & Goh, W. (2014). Persuasive Communication: A Comparison of Major Attitude-Behaviour Theories in a Social Media Context. International Conference on Emerging Trends in Scientific Research (pp. 82-89). Kuala Lumpur: Pak Publishing Group.
- Teng, S., Khong, K., & Goh, W. (2014). Conceptualising Persuasive Messages Using ELM in Social Media. Journal of Internet Commerce.13(1) pp.1-23.
- Teng, S., Khong, K., Goh, W., & Chong, A. (2014). Determinants of Persuasive eWOM Messages. International Conference on Business and Information, (pp. 1-20). Osaka.
- Goh, W.W., Hong, J. L. & Gunawan, W. (2014). Exploring Lecturers’ Perceptions of Learning Management System: An Empirical Study Based on TAM, International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy, Vol 4, No. 3.
- Chew, M. K., Goh, W.W. & Jamaluddin, A. (2014). Students’ Perception Towards Lecture Capture Based on the Technology Acceptance Model, Procedia - Social and Behavioural Sciences, Elsevier 2014, P461-469.
- Goh, W.W., Hong, J. L. & Gunawan, W. (2013). Exploring Students’ Perceptions of Learning Management System: An Empirical Study Based on TAM, IEEE International Conference on Teaching Assessment and Learning for Engineering, TALE 2013, 26th -29th August 2013, Bali, Indonesia.
- Goh, W.W., Hong, J. L. & Goh, K. S. (2013). Students’ Behaviour and Perception of Using Facebook as a Learning Tool, IEEE International Conference on Computer Science & Education, ICCSE 2013, 26th -28th April 2013, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Chew, M. K., Goh, W.W. & Jamaluddin, A. (2013). Students’ Perception Towards Lecture Capture Based on the Technology Acceptance Model, Taylor’s Teaching and Learning Conference, TTLC 2013, 23rd November 2013.
- Goh, P. L., Hong, J. L., Tan, E. X. & Goh, W. W., Region Based Data Extraction, Communications of the IBIMA, 2013
- Chan, C. S., Johar, A., Hong, J.L., Goh, W.W., (2013). Ontological based Webpage Segmentation, 10th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, FSKD 2013, 23rd – 25st July 2013, Shenyang, China (ERA Rank C, ISI Cited Publication)
- Chan, C. S., Johar, A., Hong, J. L., Goh, W. W. (2013). A Survey on Image Retrieval Systems, 10th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, FSKD 2013, 23rd – 25st July 2013, Shenyang, China (ERA Rank C, ISI Cited Publication)
- Goh, P. L., Hong, J. L., Tan, E. X. & Goh, W. W., “Region Based Data Extraction”, 9th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, FSKD 2012, 29th – 31st May 2012, Chongqing, China (ERA Rank C)
- Hong, J. L., Tan, E. X., Goh, P. L., Fauzi, F. & Goh, W. W., An evaluation on current ontological tools and their applications, 3rd IEEE International Conference on Information Retrieval and Knowledge Engineering, CAMP 2012, 13th – 15th March 2012, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Hong, J. L., Tan, E. X., Goh, P. L., Fauzi, F. & Goh, W. W., Ontological tools and their applications – A review, Journal of Information Retrieval and Knowledge Management, JIRKM Journal October 2012 (by invitation)
- Goh, W. W. (2012). Can Wiki be Used to Facilitate Critical thinking? : A Qualitative Approach, International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy. Vol. 2(4). PP. 18-23.
- Goh, W. W. (2012) The Use of Wiki to Facilitate Critical Thinking, IEEE International Conference on Teaching, Assessment and Learning for Engineering 2012, 20th-24th August 2012, Hong Kong.
- Goh,W.W., Dexter, B. & Self, R. (2009). Challenges in Implementing Wikis to the Postgraduate Students. Learning Teaching & Assessment Conference, Buxton, Derby, United Kingdom.
- Self, R., Goh, W.W. (2009). Addressing the Challenges of Low Literacy in UK University Students. “e” Teaching and Learning Workshop 2009. Greenwich, United Kingdom.
- Goh,W.W., Dexter, B. & Self, R. (2008). Facilitating Critical Thinking Using Wikis: Students‟ Perspectives. Online Educa Berlin Conference. Berlin, Germany.
- Goh, W.W., Dexter, B. & Murphy, W.D. (2008). Perceptions of Module Leaders In Utilising Online Technologies To Facilitate Critical Thinking. International Association of Technology, Education and Development Conference. Valencia, Spain.
- Goh,W.W., Dexter, B. & Murphy, W.D. (2007). Using Learning Technologies in Facilitating Critical Thinking Skills in Students: A Tutor Perspective. Learning Teaching & Assessment Conference, Buxton, Derby, United Kingdom.
- Goh, W.W., Dexter, B. & Murphy, W.D. (2007). Promoting Critical Thinking With Computer Mediated Communication Technology. Web-based Education Conference. Chamonix, France.
- Goh, W.W. (2006), A Narratological Framework for Interactive Multimedia Learning Environment: An Empirical Study. Solstice Conference. EdgeHill, United Kingdom.
- Ang, C.S. & Goh, W.W. (2004). An E-learning Structure at the Workplace: A Narratological Approach. Seventh International Conference on Work With Computing Systems. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
External Research Grantong
- Member, Major Grant Scheme, Automated Extraction and Analysis of Heterogeneous Data from Real World Domain, (Amount: 60,000.00) – Ongoing
- Project leader, Taylor’s University Research Cluster (TURC), Social Media Marketing: Best Practices in Malaysian Business : Examining the antecedents of trust in social media marketing in Malaysia (Amount: RM40,000) – Ongoing
- Member, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS Phase 1/2014), A Novel Automatic Wrapper for Deep Web Resources Using Ontology (Amount : RM95,800.00) - Ongoing
- Member, Taylor’s TRGS Fund, Ontology based Webpage Segmentation, (Amount: 11,500.00) - Completed
- Member, Taylor’s TRGS Fund, Web Data Extraction and Integration System, (Amount: 13,000.00) - Completed
Awards & Honours
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Studentship, University of Derby 2006-2010
- Dean‟s List Award 1998-2002
- Public Service Department of Malaysia Scholarship Award 1998-2002
- International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT) (2011 – present Senior Member)
- IEEE (2012 – present Member)
- Ipv6 forum (2012 – present Member)
- International Conference on Computer and Information Sciences 2012 Technical Program committee member
- The Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence 2012 Program committee member