|Dr Tan Ee Xion
Master of IT (Minor Thesis)
Bachelor of Computer Science
- OOP using Java
- Software Architecture: Design & Implementation
- Software Engineering: Process & Tools
- Computer Organisation
- Introduction to Programming
- Online Social Networks
- User Behaviour
- Information Seeking Behaviour
- Data Extraction
Publications / Patents
- E. X. Tan, “Initial Trust Formation and Transference in Online Social Networks”, 6 th Doctorial Colloquium, School of Business, 2013.
- E. X. Tan, “An Overview of Initial Trust Formation and Transference in Online Social Network”, Poster Presentation in FIT HDR Conference, 2012.
- K.L. Tan, J.L. Hong, E. X. Tan, “A Novel Ontological Technique for Sentiment Analysis”, 19 th International Conference (ICONIP), 2012, pp. 339-346.
- P.L. Goh, J.L. Hong, E. X. Tan, W.W. Goh, “Region Based Data Extraction”, 9 th IEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery 2012 (ERA Rank C)
- O.W. Kheun, J.L. Hong, E.X Tan, F. Fauzi, “Ontology based Webpage Classification”, 3rd IEEE International Conference on Information Retrieval and Knowledge Engineering 2012.
- J.L. Hong, E. X. Tan, P.L Goh, F. Fauzi, W.W. Goh, “An Evaluation on Current Ontological Tools and Their Applications”, 3 rd IEEE International Conference on Information Retrieval and Knowledge Engineering 2012.
- J.L. Hong, E. X. Tan, F. Fauzi, “Data Extraction for Search Engines using Safe Matching”, 24 th Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, AusAI 2011.
- E. X. Tan, Y.C. Low, “The Perception and Acceptance of Students towards using Social Networking Sites in Teaching and Learning”, Global Learn Asia Pacific, Penang, 2010. (published in EdITLib)
- Y.C. Low, A.K.L. Wong, E. X. Tan, K.P.L. Lee, “Using Computer Animation to Improve Learner's Memory Retention and Interest”, 4th International Conference on University Learning and Teaching, 2008.
- E. X. Tan, P.L. Hiew, “Traffic Congestion Controller in Multihop Communication Network”, 3rd International Conference on Information Technology: New Generation Conference, 2006, pp. 730-735.
Keynotes, Forums, Talks and Guest Lectures Delivered
- Guest Lecturers Delivered
- “Research Methodology to Diploma in IT students” for DIT1003 & DIT1013 students at Taylor’s University Malaysia, School of Computing & IT (year 2013).
- “Be a part of Information Technology – Developing Intelligent System”, a speaker during open forums at Monash University, Malaysia Campus, School of IT (year 2011).
- “Intelligent Systems – explores Appinventor”, a two-day boot-camp at Monash University, Malaysia Campus, School of IT (year 2011).
Awards & Honours
- Malaysia Technology Expo (MTE) awards in year 2009 and 2011
- Hand in Motion (Year 2011) – Bronze Medal
- Track the Trek (Year 2010) – Silver Medal
- Mobile Personalised System (Year 2010) – Gold Medal
- Real-Time IP Surveillance System (Year 2009) – Bronze Medal
- Certified Professional Requirements Engineering Foundation Level (CPRE-FL)