|Lee Lay Bee
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management
- Rooms Division – Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Rooms Management
- Quality Standards in rooms
- Human Resources issues in Rooms Division
Scholarly Activities/ Industry Experience
- Has been working in the Hospitality industry both local and aboard.
- Was appointed the skills trainer for Housekeeping at the Hotel Hilton, Paris France.
- Played a major role in setting up the Housekeeping department of Concorde Hotel KL upon return from France
- Was a personal Housekeeper for the late Michael Jackson when he was in KL for the “World History Tour”.
- Conducted many courses to groom hotel staff in technical and communication skills, motivational courses and personal grooming.
- Has successfully implemented cost cutting measures for Housekeeping department with regards to guest supplies.
- Joined education and has been involved in:
plays a major role in setting up many new programmes in terms of syllabus for the Rooms Division Department which involves both Front Office and Housekeeping subjects.
- Has conducted external training programmes like telephone techniques and executive programme for Housekeepers.
- Has initiated many field visits related to hospitality and still keeps in touch with the industry.
Awards & Honours
- 10 years long service award, year 2008
- 5 years long service award year 2003
- Member, Malaysian Association of Housekeepers (MAHIR), 2005 to current.
- Treasurer, Malaysian Association of Housekeepers (MAHIR), 2008 to 2009.
- Member, Tourism Educators Association of Malaysia (TEAM) 2008 to 2009.