|Dr A. Vijayalakshmi Venugopal
Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya (non-practising)
Certificate in Legal Practice
Ph.D in Law (National University of Malaysia)
Masters in Educational Psychology (University of Malaya)
LL.M (University of Malaya)
LL.B (Hons) (University of London - External)
- Intellectual Property
- Contempt of Court
- Legal Research
Peer Reviewed Papers
- A. Vijayalakshmi Venugopal and K.H. Hassan. 2013. Judicial Approaches in Balancing Freedom of Speech and Contempt of Court in Malaysia 8 Research Journal of Applied Sciences 456-460 (SCOPUS cited publication).
- A. Vijayalakshmi Venugopal & Kamal Halili Hassan. 2012. The Law of Contempt of Court in Malaysia: Considering Reforms 6(8) Advances in Natural and Applied Sciences 1451-1464 (SCOPUS cited publication).
- Kamal Halili Hassan, Vijayalakshimi Venugopal and Jasri Jamal. 2012. Contempt of Court in the Syari’ah Courts 20(S) Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities 23-33 (SCOPUS cited publication).
- Contempt of Court in Malaysia. 2014. Thomson Reuters Sdn Bhd. ISBN: 9789670735290.
- Casebook on Contempt of Court in Malaysia. 2014. Thomson Reuters Sdn Bhd. ISBN: 9789670735306.
- Introduction to Law in Malaysia & Pengenalan Kepada Undang-Undang di Malaysia. 2001. Sweet & Maxwell Asia. ISBN: 9789839088649.
- A. Vijayalakshmi Venugopal & Marini Arumugam (2017) Defamatory Comments & Copyright Infringement of Images in Social Media. The 5th International Search Conference, School of Communication, Taylor’s University on 18-19 May 2017.
- Comparing Holistic and Analytical Marking Styles (2013) The 4th International Conference on Teaching and Learning (Higher Learning in the ASEAN Context), The Grand FourWings Convention Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand, 13-15 November 2013
- Concerns Regarding the Law of Contempt of Court in Malaysia (2012) Research Seminar, Monash University, 16 May 2012.
- Exploring Options in Using Questions As an Educational Tool (2009) International Conference on Teaching and Learning 2009, Kuching: Riverside Majestic Hotel, 16-18 November 2009.
- The Post-Colonial Development of the Malaysian Legal System & Selected Legal Issues of Doing Business in Malaysia (2008) International 3-Day Rotterdam Business School Forum, The Netherlands, 29-31 October 2008.
- Law & Ethics for the Pragmatic Businessman (2006) Inti Inaugural Law Conference 2006 - Towards Developing Legal Awareness and Justice in Our Malaysian Society, Nilai: Inti College Malaysia, 29 August 2006.
- The Application of Equity to Land Law in Peninsular Malaysia (2004) Symposium on ‘Undertaking Research - Doing it Right, Doing it Well’, Nilai: Inti College Malaysia, 6 December 2004.
- The Controversial Contribution of Equity to Land Law in Peninsular Malaysia  31(1) INSAF 156-210.
- The Effects of Exclusion Clauses (Part 1)  3 Current Law Journal xiii-lii.
- The Effects of Exclusion Clauses (Part 2)  3 Current Law Journal liii-xcii.
- Assignments in Insurance Law  29 Journal of Malaysian and Comparative Law 19-65.
- Legal Profession, Survey of Malaysian Law 2001 167-226.
- The Carrier’s Duties Regarding the Vessel and Voyage under the Hague Rules, Hague-Visby Rules and the Hamburg Rules  4 Malayan Law Journal xci-clx.
Scholarly Activities/Industry Experience
- Supervisor and Internal Examiner for LLM dissertations, Taylor’s University (current).
- Chief Paper Examiner and Subject Leader for Law, Inti International College Subang, Malaysia (2003-2015).
- Teaching/Learning Theories & Styles, Teaching Methods & Techniques and Classroom Presentation Skills - Professional Skills Training (Pedagogical) programme for staff development in Inti College Subang Jaya (ad hoc)
- Critical Thinking Workshop for University of Wollongong Masters in International Business and Coventry University Masters of Business Administration students, Inti International College Subang (2015-2016)
- Instructor for the Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Certificate in Online, Hybrid and Blended Education and Certificate in Working Adult Education - Laureate Network Products & Services for participants from Laureate institutions.
- Consultant in a project by the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism, in collaboration with Inti International College Subang to recommend business strategies for improving the effectiveness of 10 local franchisors under the Franchise Development Programme (2014).
- Visiting lecturer, Rotterdam Business School, Rotterdam, The Netherlands (November 2008).
- Member of the Bar Council of Malaysia (1998-present - non-practising)