|Dr Ameya Ashok Hasamnis
Medical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
MBBS (University of Mumbai, India)
MD Pharmacology (Universiti of Mumbai, India)
- Clinical Research
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Medical Education
- Medical Simulation
- Herbal Drugs for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Drug Utilization and Pharmacoeconomics
- Medical Simulation of Education
Research Grants Awarded
- Cardiac Simulator for Medical Education [University Grant 2012]
- Drug Utilization study in community [University Grant 2010]
- Prescribing pattern in Medicine OPD [University Grant 2008]
- Herbal Drugs for Inflammatory Bowel Disease [University Grant 2007]
- Deepak Langade, Ameya Hasamnis. A comparative study of Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin and Clomiphene citrate for induction of ovulation in patients with infertility. Indian Medical Gazette 2005 Aug;31(8).
- DG Langade, SRSinha, AA Hasamnis, SN Nawale, AS Chandanwale, VY Deshpande. Evaluation of Ostolief (polyherbal formulation) in the management of osteoarthritis. Indian Journal of Clinical Practice 2006 Oct;17(5).
- Ameya Hasamnis, Sapna Patil. A study on prescription pattern of antidiabetic drugs in an Indian referral hospital. Internet Journal of Pharmacology 2009;7 (1).
- Ameya A.Hasamnis, Shyamal Sinha, P.S.Worlikar. Study to evaluate the efficacy of holarrhena antidysenterica in acute experimental colitis in albino rats. The Internet Journal of Pharmacology. 2010 Volume 8 Number 1.
- Mohanty BK, Aswini M, Hasamnis AA, Patil SS, Murty KSN, Jena SK. Prescription pattern in the department of medicine of a tertiary care hospital in south India. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2010 February [cited: 2010 Feb 9]; 4:2047-2051.
- Hasamnis AA, Mohanty BK, Murali Krishna, Patil SS. Evaluation of wound healing effect of topical phenytoin on excisional wound in albino rats. Journal of Young Pharmacist; 2010:2:59-62.
- Patil Sapna S, Hasamnis Ameya A, Pathare Rooma S, Parmar Aarti, Rashid A K, Narayan K A. Prevalence Of Exclusive Breast Feeding And Its Correlates In An Urban Slum In Western India. IeJSME 2009: 3 (2): 14-18
- Patil Sapna S, Hasamnis Ameya A, Jena SK, Rashid AK & Narayan KA. Low awareness of osteoporosis among women attending an urban health centre in mumbai, western India. Malaysia Journal of Public Health Medicine 2010, vol. 10 (1): 1-7
- Ameya AH, Kumar A. Preferences of Medical Students Regarding Physical Characteristics of Oral Solid Dosage Formulations in Malaysia. Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics | April-June 2011 | Vol 2 | Issue 2 DOI:10.4103/0976-500X.81909
- Hasamnis AA, Narendiran K., Arya A., Patil SS (2017) Teaching pharmacology of autonomic nervous system drugs through medical simulation to phase-1 medical students. International Journal of Current Research in Medical Sciences 2017
- Abstract entitled “Evaluation of Holarrhena Antidysenterica in Dextran sulphate sodium induced colitis in albino rats” in Indian Journal of Pharmacology, November 2007 (Paper presented).
- Abstract entitled “Evaluation of wound healing effects of topical Phenytoin ointment in excisional wounds in albino rats” in Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology, volume 5, December 2007 (Paper presented).
- Abstract entitled “Evaluation of seed extract of Jambolana Eugenia in Alloxan induced Diabetes in Albino rats” in Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology, volume 5, December 2007 (Paper presented).
- Presentation of research paper in AP Rescon 2007 Conference on “Obesity and Pulmonary Function Tests” in July 2007” (Paper presented).
- Abstract entitled “Prescription patterns of anti diabetic drugs in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in a tertiary care institute in Andhra Pradesh” Indian Pharmacology conference (IPS) 2008 & published in abstract booklet at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Abstract entitled “A comparative study of problem based learning versus lecture based learning in medical students of AIMST University, Malaysia” IPS Conference 2008 & published in abstract booklet at AIIMS, New Delhi
- Paper presented at Singapore Annual Medical Education Conference in NUS in 2014…. “Integrating Pharmacology and Pathology for Phase 2 students of MBBS Curriculum” at Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia.
- Teaching clinical pharmacology through hi-fidelity simulation to first year MBBS students, TTLC 2016 [Oral Presentation].