|Dr Naveen Kumar Hawala
Bachelor of Pharmacy,
M Pharm(Pharmaceutical Chemistry),
PhD (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- Basic Chemical Properties of Drugs and Action -I
- Basic Chemical Properties of Drugs and Action -II
- Synthesis and characterization of isoniazid derivatives.
- Synthesis and characterization of biologically important molecules.
- Antimycobacterial activity
- Acute and Sub-chronic toxicity studies
Scholarly Activities / Industry Experience
- Graduate Research Assistant – University of Science Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
- Lecturer- Masterskill University of Health Sciences, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Lecturer- K.V College of Pharmacy, Karnataka, India
- District Sales Manager – Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, India
- Naveen Kumar H S, Parumasivam, T, Pazilah Ibrahim, Mohd. Zaini Asmawi, Amirin Sadikun (2014) Synthesis of hydrophobic N-acylated isonicotinic acid hydrazide derivatives as potential enoyl-acyl carrier protein reductase (InhA) inhibitors. Medicinal Chemistry Research, 23(3), 1267-1277.
- Naveen Kumar, H S, Paramashivam, T, Fatimah Jumaat, Pazilah Ibrahim, Mohd. Zaini Asmawi, Amirin Sadikun (2014) Synthesis and evaluation of isonicotinoyl hydrazone derivatives as antimycobacterial and anticancer agents. Medicinal Chemistry Research, 23(1), 269-279.
- Parumasivam, T, Naveen Kumar, H S, Ibrahim, P, Sadikun, A and Mohamad, S (2013) Anti-tuberculosis activity of lipophilic isoniazid derivatives and their interactions with first-line anti-tuberculosis drugs. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 7, 313-317.
- Thaigarajan Parumasivam, Naveen Kumar H S, Pazilah Ibrahim, Amirin Sadikun, and Suriyati Mohamad (2013). Effects of a lipophilic isoniazid derivative on the growth and cellular morphogenesis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5 (4), 43-50.
Awards & Honours
- University of Science Malaysia-Fellowship holder during PhD.
- S.K Jindal trust- Scholarship holder during M Pharma.
- Awarded as excellent academic staff (Perfect Attendance Award), Masterskill University of Health Sciences, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Pharmacist registered with the Pharmacy Council of India.