HOW TO APPLY?
STEP 1 - FIND THE BEST PROGRAMMEAll International Students should read the requirements for enrolment (programme details, entry requirements, commencement date, fees and accommodation) before submission.
Prior to registering, kindly check your eligibility status with Taylor’s International Student Recruitment (ISR) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 2 - APPLICATIONApplicants are advised to submit their application at least eight (8) weeks (2 months) prior to the commencement date of the intake to avoid any unnecessary delay in the admission process. Please complete and submit the International Student Application Form, with the following required documents attached:
- Six (6) passport-sized photographs
- Coloured with white background
- Photograph measurement: 3.5 cm (W) x 4.5 cm (H)
- Three (3) sets of certified passport photocopy
- Passport validity is at least 15 months from the date of admission / submission to the university. For Indonesian students, passport validity to be at least 27 months from programme commencement date (for programmes with duration of 2 years or more)
- All pages of the passport including the cover pages are required (in colour).
- Kindly make sure that the page numbers of the passport are clearly visible.
- Three (3) sets of clear certified copies of academic transcripts and completion certificate
- Transcripts and certificate are required from O-Levels onwards to highest qualification level or equivalent.
- In the event that these documents are not published in English, applicants are required to provide copies of original and official English-translated versions.
- Additional documents needed for students transferring from another higher education institution (college or university) in Malaysia:
- Release letter and visa cancellation (from former institution)
- Attendance report (must be at least 80% attendance).
- If applicants are seeking credit exemptions, additional documents such as the final academic transcripts/results are required.
- One (1) copy of passport page with exit stamp (where applicable).
- Cancellation Page (Proof of EMGS has closed the status of previous student visa – for expired pass without proper cancellation)
- Health Examination Form
- Health/Medical Report with validity not exceeding 6 months.
- Please use the standard Health Examination Form approved by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia.
- Taylor’s U Residence (if required)
- Click here for the Taylor’s U Residence Form.
- Enclosed with reservation fee of *RM2500 (approx. USD 750 )
- Please indicate at the top right of the front page of the application form (if applicable) which Malaysian Embassy/Consulate (eg. Indonesia: Jakarta; China: Beijing) you wish to apply from for the Single Entry Visa (SEV). This is only applicable for students who are from the listed countries who need to apply for the SEV to enter Malaysia after the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) is issued.
- Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of payment
- Initial payment of RM2,625/ approx. USD700 (EMGS Fee and medical Insurance)
OCBC BANK (MALAYSIA) BERHAD
Payable To: TAYLOR’S UNIVERSITY SDN. BHD.
Account Number: 701-130855-6
Bank Address: Ground Floor, Kuala Lumpur Main Branch,
Jalan Tun Perak, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Swift Code: OCBCMYKLXXX (for Telegraphic Transfer)
- Please fax or email telegraphic as proof of payment.
- Kindly include the student’s name, passport number, contact number and programme enrolled to the university at
Fax No.: +603 5629 5001 or via email to email@example.com
Please mail or courier the application form with required documents to:
International Student Recruitment
Block A, Level 3
No. 1, Jalan Taylor’s
47500 Subang Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Tel: +603 5629 5000 Fax: +603 5629 4151
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
- Applicants are advised to submit their applications at least eight (8) weeks before the commencement date of the intake for sufficient time to process the student pass approval. You will be advised to study at the next intake if you submit your application less than 6 weeks of the commencement date.
Health Examination Form
Taylor’s U Residence Form
STEP 3 - LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE (LOA)Upon receiving the required documents and payment, Taylor’s University will send you the Letter of Acceptance (LOA) package.
STEP 4 - VISA APPROVAL LETTER (VAL)Taylor’s University will proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) with Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) in Malaysia. This process may require approximately 6-8 weeks (1-2 months).
You may check the status of your Visa Approval Letter (VAL) application via our email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) is a one-stop centre established by the Malaysia Ministry of Education (MOE) to manage and administer the student pass of all international students.
Taylor’s University Send Visa Approval Letter (VAL)You will be notified by Taylor’s University upon receiving the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) from the Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS). Taylor’s University will email and courier the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to you.
Single Entry Visa (SEV) for those Require CountriesStudents from Single Entry Visa (SEV) required countries are responsible to bring the original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) together with passport to the nearest Malaysia Embassy/Consulate to obtain a single entry permit prior to entering Malaysia to avoid a fine or being turned back at the airport.
List of Visa Required Countries
Airport Pick-Up RequestWe provide airport pick-up service for new international students commencing their studies with Taylor's University. Kindly request for this service at least 5 days before your arrival in Malaysia, using the link below:
Pre-Boarding Checklist - Airport Pick-up Request
Upon submission of the Airport Pick-up service request, you will receive a confirmation email with details on the arrival procedures and documents required for immigration clearance. If you do not receive the confirmation email within 2 working days, please inform us via email at email@example.com.
This pick-up service is only available at:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA 2)
- Skypark Subang Terminal Airport (SST)
- What if I arrive after the operation time?
Students are advised to plan their arrival on a working day, Mon-Fri between 9am-6pm (try to avoid weekend or public holidays). Kindly request from the Student Welfare Centre for special arrangements providing valid reasons.
- Can relatives or friends use the service?
The students are the priority of our pick-up service. Your relatives/friends who are accompanying you will be advised to take their own transportation if there is limited space. Taylor’s representative at the airport will be glad to advise on the public/private transportation mode available at the airport.
- What if I miss the booking deadline or will be arriving on another day?
Kindly email Student Welfare Centre your flight details at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +603 5629 5359.
Checklist Before DepartureIt is not advisable to carrying large amounts of cash due to risk of theft or loss. Never put cash into checked-in luggage. A credit card will be handy. Larger amount of money can be brought into Malaysia in Travel Cheques. Make sure you have a sufficient amount to cover the first 3 months of your living expenses (approximately USD500 per month excluding accommodation). Before the departure, please be sure to bring along the following important documents:
Documents to bring
- Passport (which is valid for more than 12 months before expiry) with single entry endorsement (if applicable) and 3 Photocopies of Passport Biodata Details Page
- Original and 3 photocopies of Visa Approval Letter (VAL) (for countries that require visa to enter Malaysia)
- Original and 2 photocopies of signed Letter of Offer
- Original copy of Academic Qualification transcript. In addition to the actual transcript, please include the English translation if it is in a different language.
- Original copy of Health/Medical Examination Form, results and x-ray film
- Receipt/proof of payment for all fees
- Flight Ticket
- Driver’s License (if applicable)
Students are advised to keep clear photocopies of important documents (e.g. Letter of Acceptance, academic transcripts, qualifications, receipts, passport, ID cards, etc.).
Important personal items to pack
- Personal items and toiletries
- Bed linen (sheet and pillow case) - 1 set
- Bath towel
- Adapter plugs (220 - 240 volts/50 cycle AC system.)
- Basic Stationery
- Comfortable light clothing (Malaysia is a tropical country)
Do not bring too many personal items, just the essential ones. Goods are conveniently available around the campus in Malaysia.
Arrival in MalaysiaPlease fill in the Disembarkation Card (Arrival Card), which will be provided by the airline crew or obtainable at the arrival hall. Upon arrival at the airport, you are required to proceed to the Immigration Check Point and show your Visa Approval Letter (VAL) and Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to the Immigration Officer.
Students are allowed to perform their own immigration clearance as Taylor’s University is a SETARA “Tier 5-Excellent” rated university. Our friendly Taylor’s representative will be in the specific meeting point to meet you. They will send you to the Taylor’s campus and help you to check-in to your accommodation/hostel.
You won’t miss our representative! They will be holding a Taylor’s University sign!
Report To Student Welfare CentreNew international students must report to the Student Welfare Centre after their arrival in Malaysia (refer to the calendar and schedule in the Orientation Guides for respective intakes) at Block B, Level 1. The following needs to be done at the Student Welfare Centre:
Completion or submission of relevant forms
- Submission of your original academic results and certificates to the Admissions Office if applicable
- Submission of signed LOA (Letter of Acceptance) to the Admissions Office if applicable
- Submission of passport to the International Office for endorsement after the Reporting Session
- Complete the International Reporting Form and International Students Policies and Regulations Form
- Medical Health Screening (within three (3) days upon arrival)
- Payment of any outstanding fees
- Opening bank account
- Changing currency
- Students are given seven (7) days to settle such matters after which they must hand in passports to International Office for endorsement at the Immigration Department.
- Students are advised not to make travel plans out of Malaysia during this time.
- Failure to hand in passports for endorsement may result in students overstaying their current visit passes or be classified as illegal immigrants by the Malaysian Immigration Department.
OrientationAll new international students are strongly encouraged to attend the university orientation. In the orientation, you will be provided valuable information of studying in the university and also living in Malaysia. You will also get to meet with many new friends from many countries.
Enjoy Your Class in Taylor’s University!You have to report to your school’s office to receive your timetable and begin classes in accordance to your timetable.